The Clouds Part Over Land and Gather on Brain.

Why is it that I always do better with my verbal answers in German than I do with the written ones. I write it down, but if I stop to speak it aloud, only then do I realize that it sounds funny. This is hurting in the little tests that we have every now and then. The second I am alone I start writing English in German; that is to say, English thought pattern. The answer is easy enough, I just need to think like a German...lovely.

Thinking of German. I have been trying to find an exact figure on the number of people who spoke German prior to WWI. I have found unreliable estimates as high as the mid-40% range, but I am trying to find something a little more concrete. What bugs me is that I know I have seen reliable numbers in past readings, I just can't remember where they were.

*Making observations on Hunnic genetics and the power of filial piety to stay the angry tongue*

Tomorrow I just have to worry about my first history exam, but I really feel very good about it. I was able to recognize the meaning of even my most cryptic notes. So i don't expect any major trouble. I also love multiple choice, as Shewoof pointed out, it has this ability to turn the exam into sporcle.

On top of that, I just finished The Politics. Minor feeling of accomplishment this time around, primarily because I was able to make definite sense of it this time. I think Augustine comes next. I just hope I find my missing copy of the federalist papers before I need them.

I also couldn't help but notice that coffee drinks, be they from Starbucks or Higher Grounds, are about 10% more expensive than they were this December. Might not seem like much, but it really adds up.

Really looking forward to history paper. Propaganda makes an interesting subject, even more so for WWI propaganda.

So glad today when the clouds finally parted and I was able to indulge in about 15 minutes of sunshine before class. Fifteen minutes and I felt like a different person.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tired, not Sleepy.

To Every Hobo a Suit...or Not

Lamp Post