New Vegas

Dear Reader,

You may have noticed in the course of your acquaintances with me, but I am a total, shameless, geek. It is only with the utmost self control that I do not, this instant, rush out the door, drive to best buy, park on the curb, rush through the store, and procure Fallout: New Vegas. I have this love/hate relationship with post apocalyptic literature. I find it fascinating, but tend to scratch furrows in my face over the dystopian quality. The Fallout series combines excellent post-apocalyptic environs and stories, with a refreshing spritz of hope, and the ability to influence the world.

I get the same brand of satisfaction from civilization. You bring order from chaos--or vice versa--with civilization having a global perspective, and Fallout having a very personal, human, perspective.

I will wait until the game of the year edition comes out, but it is going to hurt.

Comments

  1. I saw Civ V at Best Buy and was filled with longing. But I can't let myself get it (and the video card upgrade I'll need to run it) until I get settled and have, you know, cashflow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually have Civ V, and while my processor is not ideal for running it, it is a really good game. I can't wait to see how they expand it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, Felicia Day does the voice of Veronica in Fallout: New Vegas.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tired, not Sleepy.

To Every Hobo a Suit...or Not

Welfare and the Promise and Problems of Democracy in Contemporary America.