Update of Status.

This is the first time since my last post that I have had time to think about writing something for pleasure. And while I would much prefer to bore you all to tears with my latest discoveries in the dusty tomes of dead white dudes, there are matters of real life to be addressed.

As you may know, Evan--that's right, the one with the beard--has recently proposed to my darling sister. If this came as a great surprise, then allow me to express my fervent desire to study you, that I may figure out how you managed to survive to this point in life.

We are all extraordinarily thrilled that Bethany had the good sense to fall for someone of his quality. The same need not be said of him; the good taste inherent in his character as an educated and intelligent man necessarily dictates that he notice hers.

Evan is a man whom I feel, not only good, but relieved to see with my sister. One wants the best for their siblings, especially for the Shewoof, and I think she found it in Evan. I mean, seriously, he is a bit of a dork and socially functioning/not mortifying to associate with. He and Bethany might be the last of their race; goodness knows, you cannot take the rest of us anywhere.

On a infinitesimal minor note--and in brief, for time is fleeting and there is always homework to be done--I have been promoted to suits full time and, pending further training for the next few weeks, I will be an officially certified tailor. This comes with a commission, and I can expect to make a minimum of $12-13 an hour, although I averaged more like $15 my first day.

Alas, enough! Time flies and Vasari waits.

Comments

  1. "he is a bit of a dork and socially functioning/not mortifying to associate with."

    Oddly enough, that is not far off from what his eldest sister thinks of him. One of such intelligence is usually found to be an insufferable bore, but he is not. He is not only what was once called "a good man" but is also pleasant company.

    As far as your beloved sister, I'm honored to become her sister-in-law.

    Congratulations on your promotion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patrick, you never disappoint. I loved reading your post on the betrothal; you are such a good "big brother."

    Love you lots.

    And congratulations on that promotion!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tired, not Sleepy.

To Every Hobo a Suit...or Not

Welfare and the Promise and Problems of Democracy in Contemporary America.