I am the Lord who Sanctifies

 I am the Lord who sanctifies

Was Mein Gott Will

Sanctification into Justification

James, Leviticus 20, Psalm 118


I am the Lord who sanctifies

And makes thee to be holy

Now consecrate thee in mine eyes

Perform my statutes solely

My judgements well

Thy sins to quell

Through all thy life obeying

That guarded by

My watchful eye

I keep thy feet from straying


The life of faith thou hast begun

Is never without traces

The victory which thou hast won

With joy my heart embraces

Consigned to dread

And surely dead

I’d lie in sins’ caresses

A contrite heart

Thou dost impart

To curb my flesh’s excesses



Yet know ye not there is one God

The devils so believeth

The narrow path ye hath not trod

And rightly woe receiveth

But God befriends

And condescends

He takes the cup appointed

That though man fail

God shall prevail

Redeeming his annointed



To God give thanks for he is good

His mercy faileth never

And by his righteousness renewed

None me from him shall sever

Throughout my days

Thee Lord I’ll praise

The corner stone rejected

Our strength that all

Who hear thy call

Shall be thine own elected


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Patrick's Pub

Tired, not Sleepy.

Bow Tie Guy.