Bleary-Eyed Meandering: Because The Old Flesh and Blood Keep Telling Me I Need to Post.

When you wake up in the dark--again--it does not do much for the readiness of the already thoroughly mortified flesh. Odd though the thought may be, sometimes that coffee just isn't enough. At times like these, when I feel sorry for myself, I remind myself that I could be a math major. And the daisies do burst forth.

Thankfully, today was a short day at school, largely because my com prof and her first born are still afflicted with influenza.

I am afraid that I am terribly disappointed with com class. We are about a full month in and there still has not been any speaking, in fact, there is no speaking being done until the 20th. This class has revolved around lectures and memorizing idiotically long names for common sense concepts. It just seems a ridiculous waste of my time, money, and talents...which, as a very wise and snarky man once pointed out, translates to money, money, and money(time is money, talents are used to procure money, und so weiter).

Congratulations us, we have sat through a month of instruction, made some painfully obvious connections and observations, and utilized our ability to memorize compound buzz-words. Hooray. Which of those people sitting in their are in any way more effective at communication? It is the child of a near-sighted and gullible bureaucracy, desperate for the next new fix for poor college performance. Why do we take com? Textbook says it is because it will allow us to better succeed in school and life. Challenge: it is because it is a science created by schmoozers, and egotistical administrators are real suckers for schmoozers. They took a simple skill that you should just pick up on your way through life--highschool?--created a new technical language for it, and convinced the powers that be that it, with freshman English, was one of the two courses which everyone must take.

*Blegh*

*Yawns*

*Drinks tea*

I was considering writing on the nature of American democracy, why capitalism is necessary, and where we are developing an ever worsening deficiency that renders our democracy unstable...but I am tired, and every time I started writing my brain just fuzzed. Democracy will have to wait for tomorrow. As it is, I am having difficulty enough typing, let alone typing anything intelligent.

Comments

  1. Which of those people sitting in their . . .

    Their what?

    Poor fuzzy boy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is what I get for caving to the man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't call me a man. That is only for the BMV to do.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tired, not Sleepy.

To Every Hobo a Suit...or Not

Welfare and the Promise and Problems of Democracy in Contemporary America.