Life Changing Experience.

An experience for the ages--the one we have all been waiting for--I just watched Twilight: New Moon! I am still reeling from the joy of this experience. My lungs are still empty from the *oomph* that was the powerful delivery of Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart. My mouth is still filled with a biting tang, which resulted from my heaving with ecstasy at the touching and subtle romantic scenes.

The acting was unlike anything I have ever seen. Delivered with a wooden aspect and unrelenting melodrama, the dialog could have been written by teenage girls. Edward Cullen's whispered cliches are absolutely masterful, and only matched by the surly self-hate of Kristen Stewart, who is just so good that she manages to make everyone around her look better...much better. Taylor Lautner, sadly, does not match up to their measure. His performance has none of their memorability, but at least he has looks and personality.

The score. Ah, the score! It never meets you with anything unexpected and provides a perfect compliment to the acting. In the touching moments with Bella and Edward--or Jacob--it drops to a soft and bathetic tinkling of piano and harp: brilliant. The action score was, perhaps, even more brilliant; I do not even have the words to describe it. And, to accent the original work, the score is augmented with works from various popular artists; all inserted at such a time as to excite your curiosity over its placement.

Floored. Absolutely floored. Why did I wait so long to watch this movie? I have no idea. I think I will remember this, and those who suggested it to me, for a very long time.

Comments

  1. The other occupants of the theatre glared at me when I laughed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot wait to see this travesty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't even get into the glorious special effects, Ala Cartoon Dog.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tired, not Sleepy.

To Every Hobo a Suit...or Not

Welfare and the Promise and Problems of Democracy in Contemporary America.